While staying home has been really important for helping to flatten the curve, it has been tough for small businesses, including restaurants, boutiques, salons and even orthodontists. While things will start to slowly open up in the near future, it will be a little while until everything in the community is up and running full steam ahead. That’s why, during this time, if it’s in your means, it’s so important to support local businesses. While, you may not be able to dine in at a restaurant or have a leisurely afternoon shopping trip, ordering delivery or takeout, buying gift cards, or making purchases online can go a long way.
To make things easier, the team and I at Jeffrey Kwong Orthodontics are sharing some small businesses for you to check out. Of course, we can’t mention everyone, so be sure to also check in with your personal favorites.
- Face in a Book – 4359 Town Center Blvd, #113, El Dorado Hills – Our favorite El Dorado Hills bookstore has your back during this trying time You can order books online and they’ll ship to you. Or, if they have it in their store and you live within the El Dorado Hills’ town limits, they’ll deliver it!
- Blaq Boutique – 375 Green Valley Rd, El Dorado Hills – Blaq Boutique has cool women’s clothing, accessories and jewelry, as well as barware and homegoods. They also have super tasty craft cocktail infusion kits that you can use to make your own cocktails or mocktails. They’re currently working on a website for online ordering but you can follow them on Instagram @shopblaqboutique and message them to order products from posts. You’ll be able to have your order shipped, delivered locally or put together for curbside pickup.
- Folsom Bike – 4420 Town Center Blvd, #150, El Dorado Hills and 7610 Folsom-Auburn Rd, #100, Folsom – Folsom Bike carries bicycles, including kids’ bikes, and all sorts of cycling gear at locations in both Folsom and El Dorado Hills. As a transportation provider, the stores are open with limited hours and limited staff on hand. They’re taking all of the necessary precautions. However, you can also shop online with the Click & Connect feature and collect your bike or gear via in-store pick-up or have it shipped.
- El Dorado Hills Music – 873 Embarcadero Dr, Suites 1 & 2, El Dorado Hills – This locally owned and operated music store offers instruments and accessories for sale and rent, as well as music lessons from professional musicians. While the store is currently closed to foot traffic, you can purchase instruments online (is there a better time to take up a new hobby?) or email them to schedule curbside pickup. Lessons will continue online until the store reopens.
- Tea Xotics – 4356 Town Center Blvd #112, El Dorado Hills – Tea Xotics is your source for tea, locally infused honey and sugar, locally roasted coffee, amazing olive oil and vinegars, bath and body goods and a variety of gifts. You can order online and have it shipped or do curbside pickup.
- Gold Country Run + Sport – 4370 Town Center Blvd, #150, El Dorado Hills and 7610 Folsom-Auburn Rd, #160, Folsom, CA – Runners, walkers and fitness enthusiasts can still get their gear from this independently owned and operated specialty running store in El Dorado Hills and Folsom. While the brick and mortar doors are closed, Gold Country Run + Sport is open for online orders, phone-in purchases and curbside pickup.
- Pottery World – 1006 White Rock Rd, El Dorado Hills, CA – Pottery World is a fun El Dorado Hills shopping destination with fantastic displays. For now, however, they’ve closed the store and switched to virtual shopping. You can use FaceTime or Facebook Messenger Video for a live, virtual shopping experience. During your 30-minute appointment, you’ll get to check out items and have your questions answered. Schedule a shopping appointment here.
Salons and Spas
- Hoshall’s Salon & Spa – 6608 Folsom-Auburn Rd #4, Folsom – Hoshall’s is one of our area’s top salons and spas and it happens to be owned by an awesome patient’s mom! While the salon itself is temporarily closed, you can still purchase gift cards and products online.
- Salon Capelli – 4540 Post St, #240, El Dorado Hills – Salon Capelli is another beloved El Dorado Hills salon owned by an amazing patient. Check out the Salon Capelli Facebook page where products are being featured regularly. If you see something you like, text (916) 802-2948 for curbside pickup.
- Gypsy Dawn Beauty Bar – 4364 Town Center Blvd, #116, El Dorado Hills – Gypsy Dawn Beauty Bar will always have a special place in our hearts after they gave out free hair washes to people affected by the power shut-offs in October. Now, you can support them by shopping online for products.
- Barber Jon’s – 881 Embarcadero Dr, El Dorado Hills –Though Barber Jon’s doesn’t have online product ordering, you could reach out to purchase a gift card to use when things reopen and you desperately need to freshen up that cut.
- Hammer & Nails Grooming Shop for Guys – 195 Placerville Rd, #110, Folsom – While you can’t bask in the man cave experience right now, Hammer & Nails does have online shopping for their products and gift cards.
- Milestone Restaurant – 4359 Town Center Blvd, #116, El Dorado Hills – Milestone is offering all of your favorites for pick-up. Check out their menu online, give them a call and then pick up your order. They also have wine and spirits to go.
- Thai Paradise EDH – 4361 Town Center Blvd, #110, El Dorado Hills – Get your Thai food fix at Thai Paradise. The restaurant is currently open seven days a week for delivery and curbside pick-up.
- Sienna Restaurant – 3909 Park Dr, El Dorado Hills – Sienna has a menu online for curbside takeout. Delivery is available through DoorDash. You can also purchase gift cards for dining in once they reopen (they’re currently 20% off!).
- Brick Yard Counter & Bar – 4364 Town Center Blvd, #128, El Dorado Hills – You can order food from Brick Yard online for curbside pick-up or get delivery through most of the popular delivery services.
- Aji Japanese Bistro – 4361 Town Center Blvd, #111, El Dorado Hills – Order delivery through DoorDash or take 20% off when you order for takeout or curbside pick-up.
- The Mimosa House – 2023 Vine Street, #102, El Dorado Hills – Mimosa House is still open for pick-up and delivery. Order breakfast, lunch, cocktails and beer.
We hope everyone is doing well and staying positive. And, we hope this guide to El Dorado Hills small businesses to support is helpful! After all, we’re all in this together. If you’re one of our existing patients, don’t forget, you can complete an online check-in to ensure your treatment is staying on track. If you’re a new patient, schedule a virtual consultation to get started! We can’t wait to see everyone again soon.