To our JKO Fam,
We’re reopening on May 18th and we’re so excited to see you and get you back in the office as soon as we can!
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and while many things have changed, the health and safety of our patients and our team still remain the cornerstone of our core values. Dr. Jeff & the team have been hard at work, navigating the new guidelines and protocols in order to build on our trusted foundations and to prepare for a safe reopening. While we have added some protocols as recommended by the California Department of Public Health, the CDC and our professional organizations; you’ll also notice many things that are familiar. We will continue to do the things we do well, including our attention to detail for disinfection and sterilization, keeping a clean working environment, the use of high vacuum evacuation to reduce aerosols and communicate with you regarding treatment progress. In addition to all of this, we’re still your authentic warm, and friendly team.
During our soft opening, schedules will be limited to help us implement our protocols. We will be practicing social distancing, and limiting the number of people we have in the office at a time. When you come to our office for your scheduled appointment, you will notice that the way we check you in will be different.
Here are the changes you can expect regarding your appointments:
- You will receive a text reminder containing an appointment confirmation, and a wellness form that must be completed before you arrive at your scheduled appointment. Please reply to confirm your appointment, and fill out the form before you arrive. A screen at this level will prevent sick patients from entering our office and mitigate the risk for yourselves, other patients and our team.
- If you are symptomatic, have had exposure to COVID-19, or at-risk, please call the office and we will work to reschedule you and address any issues or concerns via an online check-in appointment.
- Plan to arrive 10 minutes early, with your teeth brushed and ready to go. Our toothbrushing station has been turned into a hand washing station.
- For anyone entering the office (both patients and parents), we kindly ask that you please wear a mask. If you do not have a mask, you will not be able to enter the office.
- When you arrive, you will notice a check table outside our doors. Please check in with your JKO Team member, we will be taking your temperature using a touch-free thermometer and providing you with some hand sanitizer provided on the table.
- To minimize the number of people in the office at one time and help us with social distancing, we ask that parents and siblings wait in the car. Patients should enter the office alone. In order to keep our space as safe and sanitary as possible the waiting room is closed until further notice.
- When your child is done with their appointment, you will receive a text message to come check them out and pick them up.
Parents: If you have any specific questions or concerns regarding yours or your child’s treatment, please contact us via text message or email before their scheduled appointment.
While you’re waiting for us to contact you to reschedule your appointments, we want to make sure that you know that we hear your concerns. Our amazing web team has put together an online check-in to help us. We have been fortunate enough to have the opportunity to see our patients virtually in order to answer any questions or concerns regarding treatment. You can head to our online check-in page at www.jkortho.com/online-check-in. When you’re there, just watch the video and follow the instructions. When we receive the information, we’ll be in touch with you.
All of this information is subject to change. We appreciate your patience and cooperation through all of this. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. We cannot wait to see you all.
Virtual high fives, hugs and fist bumps,