Reverse Pull Headgear
Getting headgear involves an adjustment period, but with time, it will become second nature just like any orthodontic appliance. Here are a few key points to remember:
- The amount of time the headgear is worn each day is the most important thing. We recommend starting out at two hours of wear on the first day, then gradually adding two hours each day until you reach 14 hours a day.
- Elephant rubber bands will be provided to you through our office at no cost. Rubber bands have to be changed every day in order to have effective resistance.
- The appliance is adjustable. At your first visit, it will be specifically adjusted to your face. If something becomes loose or out of place, bring in the appliance for us to properly adjust.
- Please bring your headgear appliance with you to each and every appointment.
- If skin irritation occurs, the padding can be switched out using the pads provided in the headgear pouch.
- Keep the appliance away from play time and ask siblings or friends not to grab at the appliance while itâ€™s being worn.